July 07, 2015

Summertime

Holy shmoly!  Where did June go?!?!  School is out, summer camp has started and we just finished our stay-cation.  Yeah that's where June went!  Well, in the mean time, I have still been busy at the sewing machine.  Some personal, some for commission.  I'm loving it all.  Also gearing up for a Craft Fair in November at my daughter's new high school. YES!  I said High School!!  In the Fall, I will have a 1st grader and a 9th grader!  Lord - help me!

But on to further quilty news......This first one was a present for one of my oldest friend's daughter who just graduated high school and will be attending our alma mater in the Fall Tarleton State University!  We are so proud of her!


 After a quick trip to visit those fine folks, the kids and I set out for our stay-cation.  Just some local stops around town, but fun still never the less.

I also recently got this lovely quilt back from my quilter.  It's one I actually get to keep!!  At the time I made up the top, it represented a pc of each vintage sheet that I owned.  Yeah - that's 90!!  I MIGHT have a bit of a problem......lol.  Well 91 if you count the backing fab too.


Also during our stay-cation, the kids and I celebrated my girl's 14th birthday with a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium.  What a fun time!

This little dude was so cute!!

I'd swear when I told the boy to say CHEESE, the fish did too!!

Cool giant crabs!

These little guys were my favorite!

After the aquarium, we finished it out with a photo op in BIG D.


That face!  Lost 3 teeth in as many weeks!  Hasn't stopped him from eating everything in the house though!

Well, Summer is still rocking and rolling at our house.  

More quilty-ness to show soon.

Jenn




4 comments:

  1. Girl, you have indeed been busy! All your projects are very nice! The kids have really grown a lot too! I'm glad you had a good time with them around the area. Those pictures will be real treasures for them someday, as well as the memories! It's great to hear from you again. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's sure has been busy!! Hope you are doing well too!

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilts! And I love the pictures of your visit to Dallas World Aquarium. We have been there a few times and really enjoyed it with our grandchildren. The Dallas skyline photo is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll email you back!